[Link to Video]
Recently Messianic Jew, Ron Cantor, gave an importunate message on the foreign policy of the White House. Cantor holds both Israeli and US citizenship allowing him to both admonish and redirect the aspirations of the State Department. He ‘felt compelled’ to deviate from his normal Bible teaching and provide this necessary history lesson which he hopes will get out to the world. Some highlights from the message are:
- Quoting Jeremiah 31:8 and Ezekiel 36:24 the foundation of the modern State of Israel is the Lord’s promise to regather Israel and this is based on a ‘covenant of circumcision’.
- The borders the US administration wants to start with for Israel are NOT borders of peace, or based on natural topography but are where two armies just happened to stop fighting, not a ‘holy grail’ to be assumed.
- President Truman basically upstaged his own State Department and the US Ambassador to the UN in recognizing Israel as a nation ahead of the process to hand over the Palestine Mandate to the auspice of the UN. (This took chutzpa on Truman’s part which in retrospect was very significant).
- The goal of the PLO was to destroy Israel. It was founded in 1964 and at that time Israel did NOT have control of the Golan, Gaza, or Judea and Samaria. These areas were under the control of Syria, Egypt, and Jordan and provided a great opportunity to make a Palestinian State. So it is not about a state or borders.
- Moshe Dayan had a media blackout that allowed the fictitious statements of Abdul Nasser to draw the Jordanian army to attack Israel and subsequently be defeated thus gaining control of Jerusalem and the West Bank. Five nations were assembled against Israel, with 500,000 soldiers in the 1967 war, while the total population of Israel was about 2.5 million Jews.
- President Bush in 2004 understood that these borders were indefensible and would threaten the security of Israel.
- The speech by the US President on May 19, 2011 was to be about the support and celebration of democracy and peace in the Middle Eastern countries seeking freedom from despots, but de facto forces Israel to a position which emboldened her avowed enemies, thereby increasing the likelihood of another conflict.
John Paul is is an Associate Editor for Voice of Revolution, overseeing Jewish Issues.
Possibly Related Posts