According to a recent study, unborn twin babies socialize as early as week 14 of gestation. The scientists that conducted the research summarized their findings in the following way:
“We demonstrate that by the 14th week of gestation twin foetuses do not only display movements directed towards the uterine wall and self-directed movements, but also movements specifically aimed at the co-twin, the proportion of which increases between the 14th and 18th gestational week”
In cases in which the mother’s health is not at risk due to her pregnancy, it is currently legal to kill unborn children in America well past 14 weeks. The following summary of abortion laws was compiled based on information from the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute:
- 12 states do not prohibit abortions at any point in pregnancy
- 38 states prohibit abortions in which the life of the mother is not in question after a certain point in pregnancy.
- 23 states initiate prohibitions at fetal viability (when the attending physician determines “there is a reasonable likelihood of sustained survival of the fetus outside the womb, with or without artificial support,” generally b/w 22-24 wks).
- 5 states initiate prohibitions in the third trimester (28 wks).
- 10 states initiate prohibitions after a certain number of weeks (24 in most, 20 in a few).
Posted in Life & Family, News Tagged with: abortion, guttmacher, italy, law, pro-life, research, study, twins