“They more or less advised us to [abort some of the babies],” says Nuala Conway, a 26 year old mother of newborn sextuplets in Northern Ireland, “They told us about the risks we faced if we went ahead with the pregnancy.”
The Roman Catholic couple decided to ignore doctors who advised the termination of some of the sextuplets in the 14th week of pregnancy, answering pro-abortion medical staff saying, “These babies are a wonderful gift from God. Whatever God laid out for our lives we were taking it.”
According to The Telegraph, sextuplets are born to one in 4.5 Million pregnancies.
What about the health issues? Won’t they have a poor quality of life? “The babies have been on and off antibiotics and ventilators. They are thriving really well but it’s hard to get a good day,” says new father Austin who has stopped working so that he can be at the hospital more, “There are so many of them there are always days when one or two will not be doing so well.”
“I fell in love when they were in the womb.” Nuala adds, “When one moved they would all move and I could definitely feel 24 limbs kicking.”
Posted in Life & Family, News Tagged with: 14th week of pregnancy, abort, abortion, abortion advice, catholic, father, gift from god, God, health issues, life, love, northern ireland, Nuala Conway, pregnancies, roman catholic, sextuplets, Telegraph, termination, unborn babies
Editor’s Note: For more information on abortion, including video of the actual procedure (WARNING: Graphic Content), go to www.abortionno.org
Annually, 46 million babies die from abortion worldwide. That’s approximately one baby being aborted every two seconds.
Abortion in the United States
An estimated 48 million babies have been aborted since 1973. Approximately 24% of all U.S. pregnancies end in abortion.
Characteristics of Women Having Abortions
- Over half (56%) of all women having abortions between 15-44 are in their 20’s.
- Nearly eight in 10 U.S. women obtaining an abortion report a religious affiliation.
- 43% are Protestant
- 27% are Catholic
- 8% are other religions
- 41% of women having abortions are white, 32% are black, and 20% are hispanic.
- Black and Hispanic women have higher abortion rates than non-Hispanic white women. Black women’s abortion rates are 49 per 1,000, Hispanic women’s are 33 per 1,000 and non-Hispanic white women’s are 13 per 1,000.
- According to the Alan Guttmacher Institute, the most recurrent characteristics of women having abortions over time are nonwhite, poor and unmarried.
Reasons For Abortion
- 98% Personal Choice (unwanted or inconvenient)
- 1.7% Life/Health of Mother or Child
- .3% Rape/Incest
Abortion by Gestational Age
African American Community
- According to the CDC, each year 616,074 African Americans are born.
- 458,500 babies will have died from abortion.
- 284,877 blacks will have died that same year through anything from natural causes to heart disease.
- There are 743,377 Africans Americans dying yearly. This number is more than those that are born.
- From 1973 to 2004, nearly 30% of the black population were erased through abortion. Out of the average 4,400 babies dying daily that are reported abortions, an estimated 1,300 are African American. They account for 32% of women having abortions yearly, yet make up only 13% of the American population. African American women are 3 times as likely to have an abortion than other women.
Posted in News, Revolution & Justice Tagged with: abortion, death, justice, pregnancies, pro-life, race, religious beliefs, statistics, United States